Friday, December 23, 2011

Anything your heart desires will come to you.- When you wish upon a star

Alright so here's what's been going on. The week after Thanksgiving we went to Disneyland with P & A and their two kids. I had about a million post ideas that I completely forgot in the ensuing craziness, which I'll tell you about in a minute. But here's the short version...
 Disneyland was fun. It's Disneyland what did you expect? Fiona rode the roller coasters and had a blast but for some reason is now afraid of the people dressed up as characters. If you ever get the chance to go to Disney (land or world) at Christmas time I recommend it.
 And here's the most important part. My SIL bought us all hats (okay just the kids and me) and I wore them all day. I was unaware until we got home that there was photographic proof of this but ya know what, I don't care. I'm just a big ol' kid when I'm there. FYI they are Kermit ears though you can't tell from this picture.
Okay so then we came home and I was expecting to settle in to my routine and get all the Christmas stuff done when BAM. I get notification that I have no more unemployment benefits. This did not turn out to be the case but I spent the last couple weeks in a perpetual state of anxiety unsure if we could afford a tree or to buy any more gifts.

This week I found out yes I still have benefits at least for a while. There are two jobs I'm in the process of interviewing for and it looks like I have a good chance at getting offered one or both of them (fingers crossed).  And Wednesday was Fiona's 4th birthday.

So now I can breathe and I'm finally getting excited about Christmas. Fiona and I just baked pumpkin cranberry muffins, next up is gingerbread, then those peanut butter ones with the Hershey's kiss on top. Tomorrow will be chocolate chip cookies and Dave's making a pecan pie. I'll make the pumpkin pie on Sunday morning and Dave's making dinner and of coarse there will be gifts and wine and all the usual holiday trappings.

I hope everyone has had as nice a week as I have. And I hope you have a great holiday (whatever kind you celebrate). If you're in Sacramento, come on over and have some cookies or muffins or eggnog.

3 comments:

TK said...

Thanks for all the news!! Sounds like you and Fiona have really been doing some baking. So glad you had a good visit to D'land. You would make the best employee, any employer would lucky to have you.

Oblivious Beast said...

I missed saying Merry Christmas, so I'll say Happy New Year.

Amy Baldwin said...

Love this post and I love love love that you wore Mickey Ears all day!! AWESOME!!