Monday, July 27, 2009

Lets Take A Vote

I personally hate the song Happy Birthday. It's just not a very good song and it sounds especially bad when bored co workers sing it. I think instead on our birthdays we should get to pick a song to make our bored co workers sing.

One year my friend Mark suggested that instead of Happy Birthday they sing Isn't She Lovely to me. I love Mark.

A short list of songs I would consider it very funny to make people sing:

Copacabana

Pretty Fly for a White Guy

99 Luftbaloons

Rock Me Amadeus

The Gummy Bears Theme Song

As it actually is my birthday please pick something you think is amusing and sing/hum it around your office until it's stuck in all your co workers heads. That would totally make my day. If you don't work in an office family members and/or friends will do just as well.

8 comments:

Roses said...

Around our house, we've been singing "I'm the Map" from Dora the Explorer (thanks to comedian Brian Regan for planting that one in our heads).

Will that be okay for you?

And, happy birthday! You don't look a day older!

Dani said...

Sounds like an earworm to me so yes that qualifies.

Thanks It's been a great day & I didn't forget my promise tune in tomorrow for me in a straw hat.

TK said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, Birthday. I think your coworkers would like singing anything, as long as they can stop working. Anyway, my vote for a song would be "Birthday" by the Beatles. Dave would have to start the guitar part.

Arwen said...

I was just singing Journey, actually, thanks to Ask the Bloggess, but I'll go with Copacabana. I like to sing that one...except I like to sing it to my cats and put their names in instead of Lola....

"Her name was Spooner, she was a showcat..."

I think I could do that with you...

"Her name was Dani, she was a birthday girl, with yellow feathers in her hair, and a dress cut down to there."

:::Grins:::

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday. I'll stick to a birthday-theme song:
50 Cent-In Da Club
Go, go, go, go
Go, go, go shawty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

Dani said...

#1 Thanks everybody!

#2 You are all so funny. I love the enthuiasm.

#3 Arwen-OMG you are my kind of lady! I sing it to my pets too. I'm also fond of If I had a Hamer & the Wheels on the Bus with my pets names inserted.

Robin said...

gummi bears!
bouncing here and there and everywhere!
high adventure that's beyond compare!
they are the gummi bears!

ok i might have messed up the adventures line but that was from memory ;)

and you are lovely and wonderful!

Schelle said...

Thanks Dani, a week later and you're getting the gummi bears theme in my head.

Happy B-lated b-day (on here, i think I said it somewhere else on time or closer to it anyway)

it's a world of laughter
a world of tears
it's a world of hope
and a world of fears

there's so much that we share
that it's time we're aware

it's a small world after all!

(first song I think of when I think of songs stuck in the head. That, and Tarzan boy)