Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money.-Author Unknown

A new personal record.

I like to do my Christmas shopping early. Partly to spread the cost out over as long a period as possible and partly because I HATE dealing with the crowds in the mall. My personal best was the year I had all my gifts bought and wrapped before Thanksgiving. I've never even come close to that again. However yesterday I was going through in my mind the things I'd already bought for Fiona's stocking and wondering how much more would fit. Since I had the house all to myself and I knew exactly where the stockings were stored (advantage of just having moved) I thought I'd to a test stuffing. I was shocked to discover I had to work hard to get everything in. So while I don't think I'll finish the shopping before Thanksgiving (could happen but not holding my breath) I did get Fiona's stocking done before Halloween.

I know I'm nuts.

No comments: