Monday, April 4, 2011

Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing

A little bit of home decor. I tried about a million times to post the pics I took when we first moved in but for some reason Blogger will not publish them not even one at a time. It's too bad because I was fairly proud of my book case. Oh well. Any how here's something else I've been doing. Vintage bottles. I started with this candle my cousin gave me for Christmas. It smells really great but the label was tres tacky, looked like that kind of greeting card that makes me gag. Also as a general rule I don't like jar candles, too country clutter for me. I got the idea and the label from a post on EPBOT saying close to the same things I just wrote about jar candles. It was super duper easy. I printed the label stained it with tea bags and glued it on with a glue stick. I've got these three little windows in the dining room that would be perfect for displaying something so I started recycling interesting bottles as I used things up. I avoided wine bottles even though we have plenty of them because no mater what the label says they still look like wine bottles.
I got the labels all for free on line. I've got a whole bunch more I'll use as I acquire interesting bottles. I did buy a couple of these for $0.99 at Michael's. I used coffee grounds or tea bags to stain each label. I'm thinking of trying watter colors too but haven't bought any yet.


Here's a closer look at some of them.
And here's my favorite one (also the first one I did). It used to be an olive oil bottle but now it's Genuine Miracle Elixir yay!
I'm working on another project that I am super excited about but it's a surprise. On a related note I know it's a bit early but if you decide to throw a Halloween party this year can I come? I'm going to have a great costume.


*No room again. The quote was Voltaire.

1 comment:

Ellen Virginia said...

Where did you get the labels online? This looks like a really creative crafting project that I would like to try!