Friday, February 26, 2010

SPOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!"-The Tick's battle cry

I don't understand greeting cards. If you miss me why don't you just pick up the phone already? Or if it is my birthday you can just say, "happy birthday". Although I suppose if you want to send me money a card is a nice delivery system.



Don't get me wrong I appreciate the sentiment when someone gives me one but I'm never really sure what to do with it later. Do I have to keep it forever? It seems rude to throw it away but I can't foresee a future need for a Christmas card from 6 years ago.



And if I absolutely have to I will purchase one for you, although getting around to sending it may be another story. If I do buy you a card it will be a humorous one possibly with a puppy on it. I will not buy you one with a photo of a sunset or a stylized flower drawing that has a bad poem in it explaining how my life has been changed by your very existence. It's not that you aren't awesome and life changing it's that those cards make me gag.



Despite my aversion to gooey prose I do occasionally use some highfalutin' quotes on this blog. I have done away with the quote of the day (sort of). Instead of having a separate place for it I've started making it my title for the day. Partly because it was a pain in my butt to update it every day and partly because my post titles tend to kinda suck. If I can find an appropriate quote for each post that will be the title. If I can't I will just use something random, today for example.

1 comment:

Roses said...

I've finally gotten to a point in my life where I can throw away greeting cards. However, I still prefer them over e-greetings.

Dunno why.