Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Guess What I'm Re-reading

If you're not a Harry Potter fan you can skip this one.

It occurs to me that Harry was only 15 months old when he was dumped on the Dursley's doorstep. He may not yet have been sleeping through the night and he'd just been through something seriously traumatic so I'm sure he had nightmares. He's very lucky the Dursley's didn't just smother him.

Sorry that was a rather dark thought. It's odd now that I'm a Mom I see things from the parent (or care giver) point of view where I used to see it from the child's.*



*Note: After reading that through I realise it makes me sound pro child smothering. I'm not, hurting children is bad. I meant that I was seeing the difficulties of adopting a young traumatised child & the Dursley's are pretty rotten people.

3 comments:

Roses said...

What?
I thought you meant he's lucky the Dursleys didn't just smother him... with love.

Because look what happened to Dudley.
::nods knowingly::
Too much love.

Simply horrifying, yes.

Dani said...

Good point. You are a wise woman.

Arwen said...

I LOVE HARRY POTTER. Haha.