Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Sorry They're Incapacitated. Can I Take a Message?

About 10 years ago I was a receptionist in a very small office (7 people). My bosses were really great and would take everyone out to lunch any time there was an excuse to celebrate. Once we all went to a Mexican restaurant for someones birthday and wound up ordering pitchers of Margaritas. I'm not a fan of Margaritas and I don't feel comfortable drinking when I have to go back to work so I was the only person who didn't have any. One unfortunate side effect of drinking is after you get a buzz more alcohol seems like a really good idea so they just kept ordering pitchers. Once we finally returned to the office I had to spend the rest of the afternoon lying to the callers stating that the person they wanted to reach was not available.

No comments: