Monday, August 11, 2008

Kisses Make it Better

I was on the floor with Fiona playing with her toys trying to encourage her to try crawling. She can sitt up really well now but we were playing a game where I put the burp rag on her head and she laughs and pulls it off then I put it back on her head and we repeat the process and she leaned back to far trying to look at the top of her own head and fell over. The burp rag cushioned her head but it probably still didn't feel good and it scared her so she started crying. I picked her up and gave her a hug and a kiss and told her she was okay. On the couple other occasions she managed to hurt herself (no actual damage mostly just surprise) my calm comforting technique worked like a charm but this time she wasn't stopping. Junior Mom Sammy to the rescue. She trotted over to try to help like she always does if anyone is upset (she was beside herself when I watched March of the Penguins). I tried to make her go away because I didn't think her stinky presence was going to have a calming effect on a screaming baby. But Fiona stopped crying and started laughing as Sammy gave her dog kisses. I let her keep going until Fiona was squealing with happiness. My daughter smelled like dog breath for a while but I remembered why I love that stupid dog.

No comments: