Sunday, June 28, 2015

Time spent with cats is never wasted.-Sigmund Freud

Vladi died tonight. I've been expecting it for almost a year and a half. He'd gotten really gross. In fact the only person who still wanted to touch him was Daphne. I thought I'd be okay with him going but I don't remember the gross old cat who I didn't want to touch. I remember the fluffy little kitten I could hold in my palm. I remember all the strange things he used to bring to us (envelopes, kids homework, an entire sheet of newspaper with a paint brush stuck in the middle of it). I remember he liked to sleep next too my pillow. I remember that despite being old and clearly miserable he was always patient with my girls. I remember that he loved me and I loved him. I still love him and I'm sad that he's gone.

1 comment:

Roses said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry.
He was a good boy and so lucky to have had you give him a good home.
So many hugs.