Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A lot of movies are about life, mine are like a slice of cake.-Alfred Hirchcock

Ya know action movies, and cop shows, and other exciting type visual entertainments with explosions? Ya know that part where the hero is running from the explosion and at the last second he leaps for safety and there's a dramatic shot of his body flying? 1. How do they know when to jump? 2. Why jump at all? Is there a moment when instinctively you think, "Yeah I can fly through the air faster than I can run."

2 comments:

Growing Up Gramma said...

something to ponder

Roses said...

I've noticed this, too.
I think it's supposed to look like they've been knocked to the ground by the blast, but too often, they hit the dirt too early.

I vaguely recall a movie that poked fun of this kind of "stunt". The lead character (I remember him being Ben Stiller) runs from a building and hits the dirt, only to have the building NOT explode behind him.

It was a brilliant sight gag.