Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary.-Chinese Proverb

A couple people asked where I got the labels I used here. Now I don't remember where I got all of them. Mostly I just googled free vintage labels or free apothecary labels buuuuuut here are a few I could find again.

Epbot

The Graphics Fairy

iDiY

Just Something I Made

You can also find lots if you do a Google image search. They aren't all very good print quality but for what I'm doing they've worked fine. Also there are several wonderful color ones but I don't have a color printer so those don't work for me.

If you want to make them look old just steep a tea bag in hot watter for a minute or two (I use plain old Lipton) then rub the tea bag across the paper. I recommend doing this on a towel so it doesn't stain anything. When it's dried the paper will have a yellow brown aged look. You can do the same thing using coffee grounds but I think the tea works better. FYI this is a trick document forgers use according to the mystery novels I read sometimes.

No comments: