Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dessert Foods Aren't Always Rite

I have a love hate relationship with fortune cookies. I love them they hate me. I don't mean that they upset my stomach or for that matter that I love them for their taste. I just enjoy the novelty of them but for some reason I get a lot of really mean fortunes. I once got one that said something like "your greatest weakness is your stupidity". I'm not sure that's word for word but it did end in "your stupidity" so close enough. I also got "You and your wife will be very happy together" several times, which doesn't sound rude until you realize the cookie just called me a lesbian. These personal attacks have not deterred me I'm still excited to read everyones fortune when we get Chinese food.

Last week after Dave read his he shouted, "the cookie lies" and flung the fortune across the table, Being a tiny scrap of paper it only flew a couple inches so I had to reach for it. When picked it up I read, "Your respect for others will be your ticket to success." Yeah I've met Dave and he's rite the cookie lies.

BTW the title of this post is a quote about fortune cookies and if you can correctly name what it's from I'll send you a fortune cookie. It might be virtual but it will be a cookie.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

No idea where that quote is from. I even tried to Google it to find out. no luck.
Oh, and i'm enjoying the daily quotes!