Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whille We're Waiting to Hear About the Car

You know how I love lists I was surfing around and found one titles things you should do before you turn 30. Well I'm 33 so I clicked on it to see if I'd done the things in question prior to my 30th. I thought I'd share the results. Feel free to leave your results in comments.

* Change your hairstyle at least once. Yes although I always wind up going back to the way it is currently
* Make out with someone in a bar. Not in a bar but at a Motley Crue concert
* Get a credit card. Yep several
* Lose at least $200 in a bet. No
* Have sex in the back seat of a car. No 'cause it was a pickup (no backseat)
* Order something off the TV between 3 and 8 a.m. Nope
* Go on a blind date. Many
* Score on a breakaway. IDK what this means
* Get fired. Never been fired but I have been laid off
* Buy an item of furniture worth more than $300. Yep the evil bunnies ate it
* Get in a bar fight. Uh no
* Have a one-night stand. nope
* Sing karaoke. Many many times
* Break up with your girlfriend/boyfriend just because. I always had a valid reason
* Vacation in Mexico. Twice
* Own a nice suit to be worn at something other than a wedding, funeral or church. Nope but I owned nice dresses
* Master a video game. Does Tetris count?
* Watch Wayne Gretzky play hockey live. As much as I don't care about sports I don't care even more about hockey
* Get your face on a local TV station. nope
* Skinny dip. Yeah
* Have a Star Wars, Godfather or Rocky movie marathon. Never seen the Godfather or Rocky but I saw all the good Star Wars movies and the first 2 of the crappy ones
* Puke in a bar. No
* Wear a pair of underwear your mom didn't buy you. Of coarse! Geez if your getting close to 30 and your Mom is still buying your underwear there is something wrong.
* Get a DJ to say your name on the radio. Well it happened but I was not involved in the process
* Finish high school. Yeah
* Stop using flags as curtains. I never did this
* Know how to make at least three different meals. Yes
* Buy condoms and insist on a price check. Yes to the first part no to the second.
* Attend at least one wrestling card. I don't know what this means
* Get a job with salary and benefits. Yes
* Experience Mardi Gras. Never
* Go 48 hours without sleep. Yeah a few times
* Lie to the police ("really officer, we're not being loud"). yeah lets leave it at that
* Get a job that doesn't require a name tag and a paper hat. yep
* Eat at a crappy Las Vegas buffet. no but I've been to a crappy Tahoe buffet
* Spend a night in the drunk tank. I've never been arrested (I guess my lying was effective)
* Shoot a bb-gun at something other than a target. Never shot a bb gun
* Own at least one retro tape. Had to think about it but yes
* Make prank calls or order pizza for a neighbor. Yeah in Jr. High
* Get over your first love. Only been in love once and it would be bad if I got over him what with the whole being married to him with a daughter thing.
* Try smoking parsley. nope

No comments: