Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm Taking a Stand

We live off Hwy 80 which means (for those of you who don't live around here) during ski season our commute home sucks A** because everyone and their dog goes up to Tahoe. It's particularly bad near holidays. Tonight my boss (who is a very nice lady) said we could leave early yay. Even though we left at about 2:30 it still took us an hour and a half to get home. At one point we had to stop to get gas and while we were at the gas station I observed one of the traffic causing idiots carrying around ski poles while wearing flip flops. Alright I think now this trend has officially gone to far. Now I have no issue with flip flops, I wear em, but there are times when they are not appropriate. I would think that traveling to somewhere with snow would obviously be one of em but apparently I need to be the voice of reason. Also at the office, I'm sorry but rubber shoes are not professional. Even if they are nicer (perhaps leather) if you could wear them to the beach you should not wear them to the office. And finally not on formal occasions. If you want to wear flip flops with a sun dress or jeans by all means go for it but if you're going somewhere nice, like a restaurant that has table cloths the same rules apply as do in an office environment. I know I'm stepping on some toes here (no pun intended) but someone needed to say it. If you an offender I've been judging you for years and saying snide things when you can't hear and will continue to do so until you cease and desist.

No comments: