Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another Story of Strangness from My Work History

A couple years ago when I was a bank manager I was covering a closing shift and it was slow so the staff and I were cleaning. Money is filthy so the bank always needed a good wipe down. One of my tellers was reorganizing a cupboard where we kept the first aid kit and commented idly.

"When I was a kid I used to steal the chalk out of the emergency kit in my parents car to draw with."

"Chalk?" I asked

"Yeah for outlining bodies."

Pause

pause

"Pftttttt ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" I tried not to laugh but failed on a epic scale.

She blinked and realised how silly that sounded when she said it out loud and laughed too. Then it took us another hour to figure out what the chalk was actually for, which apparently is marking your way if you get lost.

No comments: