Friday, July 18, 2008

Reason Why I'm Not Much of a Swimmer

One evening I was in the pool at my parents house splashing around having a good old time. The sun was going down which caused the bottom of the pool to be in shadow. As I paddled around it occurred to me that I couldn't see what was in the deep end. My imagination leaped at this opportunity to whisper "what if there's a shark in there?". Logic tried to assert it's dominance by assuring me that sharks don't live in pools, even if there was a shark I would have seen it before it started to get dark, and it would have to be a relatively small shark. Unfortunately logic has no power over irrational fear. I was 100% sure that there was a huge shark in the pool and it wanted nothing more than to eat me. I madly floundered my way back to the shallow end, clambered out of the pool as fast as I could, and turned around panting to look for the shark I knew was there. Of coarse there was no shark logic said "I told you so" but I didn't feel like swimming any more. BTW I was 25. I am such a dork.

No comments: