Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Music

I love music. I used to take voice lessons and I wanted to work in musical theatre. I still sing all the time for my own enjoyment or Fiona's. Generally vocals and lyrics are what attract me to a song although I can appreciate the music itself as well.

We're having an 80's party in a couple weeks so I made a play list on my ipod. I listen to the ipod on shuffle while I work so I've been hearing songs I normally wouldn't listen to. It's occurred to me how hard it is to predict which songs will hold up over time. 18 and Life by Skid Row just not as cool as it once was but Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindy Lauper has become a classic. Some of this is of coarse subjective but I'm pretty sure that if you asked 20 people to list their 50 favorite songs from the 80's (or any era for that matter) you'd find a lot of over lap.

No comments: