Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Mama bear in me

Last night I had a dream that's funny in the light of day but at the time it was terrifying. It seemed very very real at the time.

It was the middle of the night and the phone rang. I answered and it was my Mom she said something that sounded like it came out of a fortune cookie (I don't remember what) and asked if it was okay for her to put it in her book (don't ask). I was understandably confused as this was a strange thing for her to call me in the middle of the night and ask. I replied irritably that I couldn't care less. She continued to talk in a very worried tone but what she was saying was gibberish and as I woke up more I started to worry that there was something wrong with her like a stroke. The phone cut off due to a low battery and I got up to go get the other hand set out of the kitchen and call her back and hopefully get my Dad on the phone to tell him something was wrong with Mom. As I turned the corner in to the kitchen I saw a stranger standing in front of our open refrigerator eating our food. I demanded to know who she was (sorry the exact dialog is fuzzy but I'm pretty sure I used quite a bit of profanity) she told me she was a junkie (she was dressed as a hiker backpack & all) and she broke in to peoples houses for food and messed with their stuff (I think it had to do with licking everything ewwww). I demanded to know how she got in because I knew I'd locked the doors she smirked and said the downstairs wasn't locked. I told her we don't have a downstairs and then realized she meant she'd come in by going under the house and then I got really pissed, like Hulk pissed, Loreanna Bobbit pissed, Mama Bear pissed. The access to under our house is in Fiona's closet and I knew this woman had been in my daughters room, had stood over my baby while she slept with bad intentions. I grabbed her by the throat and screamed for Dave to bring the gun because we had an intruder that needed killing.

two things I now know

1. I would kill to protect Fiona
2. We need to put a lock on the trapdoor that leads under the house.

No comments: