Friday, July 1, 2016

I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams.-Jonas Salk

I had such odd dreams last night...Do you ever have anxiety dreams? I've had lots recently. Mine are usually relatively mundane things I am trying to do but keep running in to obstacles. The other night I had one in which I'm pretty sure all I was trying to do was put Daphne's shoes on but it was REALLY REALLY difficult.

Last night I dreamt I was in Petaluma for some "business" purpose and I needed to get home to Novato (I haven't lived there in 15 years but apparently to my subconscious that is still "home"). I didn't have a car so I tried to take a taxi but the taxi driver told me it was too far and I'd never get a taxi to take me (FYI these two cities are next door to each other and the drive takes about 15 minutes). So I went around the corner to figure out what I should do and suddenly instead of Petaluma I was in New Orleans (now the cab drivers objection makes way more sense). So I saw a train station and thought I'd just take a train home in the morning (I'm not 100% sure about New Orleans but I know for certain that there is no train station in Novato).  I decided to go the the hotel we usually stay in when we are in New Orleans and see if I could get a room for the night. The "train station" was just down the street (in the middle of the freaking French Quarter) so I walked to the hotel but somehow managed to enter on the top floor and had to make my way down to the lobby. I can't clearly remember all the adventures I had while traversing this hotel but I do remember at one point thinking that it was a "plot hole" that I was no longer carrying a bag.  I eventually made it to the lobby and tried to check in when some rude lady comes up and starts  talking to the front desk clerk in Italian. She and the clerk continued to ignore me for several minutes until I got pissed and pushed her face away while telling her to "shut up". Not sure if I ever got a room because then I started dreaming about the owner of my company criticizing my choice of dish soap...

I woke exhausted.

No comments: