Thursday, April 9, 2015

Trips to the dentist - I like to postpone that kind of thing.-Johnny Depp

I think I was 11 or 12 the first time a dentist said I should get my wisdom teeth out. I know for sure they said so when I was 17 and getting braces. Aaaaaand again in my 20's when I got my very own dental insurance for the first time. But they didn't hurt and they weren't bothering me so it got put off.

About a month before Daphne was born I broke a tooth in my sleep (seriously how did that happen?). Luckily it turned out to be one of my wisdom teeth and dead so it didn't hurt but it also meant it was time to get them out. Unfortunately being 9 mos pregnant that meant waiting again. I had intended to get them out while I was on maternity leave but we wound up buying a house instead, so again I waited.

Today however my waiting ended. All 4 out. Minutes before they started the Dr. warned me that one of them was situated in a way that potentially could cause nerve damage (1-5% of people). Now that it's stopped bleeding (Ewwwwww so much blood! Seriously ewwwwwww) and the numbness has mostly worn off it's not so bad. My mouth's a little gross but not very painful (fairly awesome drugs). I even ate a pudding cup, it took about 40 minutes but I am less starving now.

I've been watching movies all day. Dave's going to bring me home soup for dinner. I've had worse days.




No comments: