Saturday, March 23, 2013

This movie is pissing me off. It's stupid.-Me

Take a moment to savor that.... I just quoted myself.

Les Miserables-Movie A review by me, Dani

I love musicals. I used to want to do that for a living. Sadly I don't sing as well as I once did but I can still appreciate something sung well. A lot of this was not....sung well that is.

Russel Crowe was awful.

Hugh Jackman was too nasal, though not terrible.

Sacha Barton Cohen can't sing at all

Helena Bonham Carter also sucked ass (Which I already knew from the craptastic Sweeny Todd)

Seriously they had one of the funniest numbers in the play and it fell completely flat. Though that was mostly bad staging and/or directing)

Anne Hathaway was surprisingly good. I'd heard she was good but she really nailed it on "I dreamed a dream." Unfortunately they cut "Come to me" in half. Dude give the chick a decent death scene.

The girl who played Eponine (who is my favorite character) was pretty good but again they cut "A little fall of rain" in half. WTF. This is a freaking tragic story where just about everyone dies, can you let one character die properly?

Yes they can, they gave Gavroche his proper send off but since they'd cut his song earlier it didn't make any sense at all.

Several of the songs were in the wrong place in the plot and there was a new song that was pointless exposition wise and forgettable musically. Apparently this is why better songs we're shortened or removed entirely. Also if you are going to change the lyrics it might be better if you at least came up with words that rhymed.

They had a chance to do justice to one of the most popular musicals of the last 20 years and they f**ked it all up. In short....This movie is pissing me off. It's stupid.


2 comments:

TK said...

I agree with everything you said but... You left out out Marius and Fontene (or however you spell her name). I thought that Marius guy did the best job. THANKS. I thought Hugh J was terrible.

TK said...

oops, I meant I thought the Cossette and Marius character did a good job singing. I did notice that in the movie they cut some songs, weird.