Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so... yeah.-Mitch Hedberg

People I miss volume uhhhhhh 3...4? IDK whatever!

I miss Puddin'. That's not her real name but it's what I called her. Puddin' was one of those types of friends that if you called her at 4 am on a rainy night and said, "My car broke down on the side of the road." She'd be grabbing her keys and heading out the door before you even got around to asking if she could come get you. She was a kind person and well to be blunt she got shit on a lot because of this. Sadly a lot of people can't resist taking advantage of people like that and not even because they are bad people but just because it's so easy. I certainly hope I was never that kind of friend.

Puddin' caught the bouquet at our wedding. Unfortunately she didn't have an Internet connection and the next time I tried to call her phone it wasn't working. Since then my phone number has changed a couple times and we've moved so I don't know if she'll ever be able to contact me again. I do hope that bouquet was good luck for her since she'd finally found a boyfriend who appreciated her and didn't take advantage.

Puddin' was also a great cook. Today I'm going to make her banana bread recipe. In honor of my long lost friend (okay only 5 years but still) here is her recipe. Even if you aren't interested in the recipe read her instructions because I at least think they're funny.

Nanner Bread

1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 Cup stick margarine or butter, softened
2 large eggs9
1 1/2 cup mashed ripe nanners (3-4 medium nanners)
1/2 cup buttermilk (I don't use this but I put in 1 snack-cup cinnamon apple sauce)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired (ewww, no nuts!)

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Grease 2 loaf pans or use a big pyrex dish (like for making brownies)

Mix sugar & margarine in a large bowl. Stir in eggs till blended. Add nanners, buttermilk (or applesauce if you want to do it my way) and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until just moistened. Stir in the nuts (Noooooo). Pour in to pan.

Bake 8 inch loaves for 1 hour, 9 inch loaves 1 1/4 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. If you use a brownie pan check after 45 minutes and add time if needed. Don't burn the nanner bread it smells nasty! Cool for 5 mins. Slice when completely cool. Okay to cut out a piece to eat fresh out of the oven, I do! Can be stored at room temperature for 4 days or in the fride-el-later for 10 days. Yeah like it wall last that long!

No comments: