Monday, November 1, 2010

All this is only for the mice and myself to admire!-Catherine the Great

Our new house is much nicer than our old one in many ways. There are only one or two things I would change.

The light fixtures don't seem to work very well, I suspect some amateur instillation's.

I wouldn't choose to paint my bedroom yellow.

We have mice!!!!!!!

Okay yeah that one's a bit of a problem. Dave saw one this weekend in the garage and we thought we'd better get some traps. Then on Tuesday I was in Fiona's room when one tried to run in there saw us and instead ran in to the guest room. I went to Lowes and got some traps (btw I found it ironic that mouse traps are on the same isle as the Christmas decorations). I baited the traps with peanut butter, then gave Fiona some on crackers and felt irrationally guilty about it. Later I saw it try to run in to the living room but Gambit chased it back down the hall. I said rude things about the cat not earning his keep for a while then waited some more. Eventually after Fiona had gone to bed I was putting something away and glanced at the trap in the kitchen. It was closed. Dun Dun Duuuuuun!!! Dave took it outside and released it then told me a harrowing story of it running right at his bare feet.

But wait there's more!

Wednesday I thought I heard scratching coming from under the cupboards so I put put another trap (in the same spot). I was hoping it was just me being nervous but a bit later I heard a distinct squeak. And soon I heard the snick of the trap closing. Dave called a couple minutes later and I told him what was going one. Do you know what he said? He asked if I was going to take it out. "Ummmmmm noooo. I really don't want to touch it." So it stayed in the trap until Dave got home half an hour latter then he drove it to a field a mile or so away. Hopefully that is the last of him (Dave insists it's the same mouse). I will be cleaning everything in the kitchen.

And FYI I am revising my man list. Mouse disposal is definitely a man job!

1 comment:

caitria said...

i would feel strange about sharing peanut butter with mice and family too haha