Monday, May 10, 2010

If you feel the urge, don't be afraid to go on a wild goose chase. What do you think wild geese are for anyway?-Will Rogers

These are the geese that live near my office. I am in love with the goslings. I totally want to pick one up and rub it against my cheek but I won't #1 because I know I'm not supposed to mess with nature and #2 geese are MEAN! Every time I walk past them the parents hiss at me and believe me I was no where near them. I cropped these pics so you could see them better. I was probably 15 feet away.



Speaking of mean geese when I was about seven my cousin was over for the day. She's only about six months older than I am so when were were kids we were great friends. My Mom took us to a park a few blocks away from our house. I don't recall how we got in to the situation but my cousin and I wound up being chased by a flock of geese (the white kind who are really really mean). I got away but my poor cousin tripped and fell. Do you know what the geese did to her? They stole one of her shoes and swam off with it in the pond. My Mom knowing her sister would kill her if she sent my cousin home with only one shoe bravely went after the goose mugger and retrieved the shoe. At the time it was absolutely terrifying and I'm sure my cousin still doesn't think it was funny but these days I can not tell this story without cracking up. A freaking goose stole her shoe. Lol good times.


No comments: