Monday, March 16, 2009

Yeah Uh Hu Right

Conversation with the Sommelier (Wine Steward) when we went out to dinner to celebrate Daves birthday.

Sommelier: (re Fiona) How old is she, eight or nine months?

Me: Fourteen, Fifteen next week.

Sommelier: My son just turned seven months and he's as big as she is.

Dave: Really?

Me: (trying to keep the disbelief out of my voice) Wow and she's big for her age (seriously she's been at the top of the chart or off it since her very first check up, not braging just sayin')

Sommelier: We call him Gigantor.

Dave and I nod politely while thinking

Dave: Bulls**t!

Me: There is no way your kid's that big and if he is ya might want to have a Dr. take a look at him.

I hate people who compare babies. I'm sure your kid is awesome but you need to accept the reality that he/she is not actually better, larger, smarter, or more talented than all other babies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for the kids Mom. Imagine trying to push that kid out.

Dani said...

That is very true. I have some cousins I call "My giant cousins" because they're all so tall. There are 4 of em and they were all big babies. I think the amalles was 10 pounds and I know the largest was 13 pounds when he was born. My poor Aunt!

Anonymous said...

Clearly you wern't talking about my kids with that statement. they are perfect!

"Delusions are often functional. A mother's opinions about her children's beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth" ~ Lazarus Long (Robert Heinlein)

Totally agree. :)

Dani said...

Well now that is true. And I'm as guilty as the next Mom of thinking that my daughter is just fabulous. However I don't try to pretend she's better than anyone else.