Friday, March 20, 2009

1984 by George Orwell

Well I finished 1984 last night. As I promised here this is what I thought of it.

It was hard to read. I'm quite proud that I completed it. It's not that long but it took me 3 weeks to finish. I'm not sure if it was good, I can't say I enjoyed it.

I think it was well written but the style was hard to get through at least for me.It was very interesting and a little scary considering how easy it would be for some of these things to actually happen (to be honest it appears that some ARE happening). I think it's a good book to have knowledge of but I don't think I will be re reading it any time soon.

Next I think I'll read something purely for entertainment. Then I'm going to tackle Animal Farm. I actually read Animal Farm in Jr. High but I think I might get more out of it now. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: