Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil



Alright I know this books been out for years and if you wanted to read it you probably already have but I just finished it and here are my thoughts.


#1. I know I said I rarely read non fiction but the last two book I read were non fiction. I figured out why I liked these, it's like my TV viewing. Someones got to die. Not sure what that says about me but there ya go.


#2. I saw this movie in the theatre and I'm pretty sure I was on a date but it came out before I ever met Dave. So now it's driving me up the wall trying to figure out who I was with. Is this important? No of coarse not but that doesn't stop it from annoying me.


#3. The book isn't really about the murder. Yes the murder is the central event that ties the whole thing together but there's a lot of other interesting people and events portrayed. It makes me want to visit Savannah GA.


Now I'm reading a truly awful romance novel. It's so bad it's good (like all my favorite movies). I usually only read romance novels when I travel, I'm stressed out, or I'm to darn tired to read anything else. They're like junk food. You know they're bad for you but sometimes you just want something easy.
Also I have to confess it's about Vampires and well lets face it I like Vampires.


Next I'm going to read 1984 because I never have. I wonder if I'll like it. I'm sure I'll let you know.

No comments: