Monday, November 17, 2008

Vamptastic Fun

Alright as probably none of you know or care (but hey this is my show, and I'm excited) the movie of Twilight comes out on Friday. Yay the world needs more vampire movies! What can I say? I've had a thing about Vampires since I was a little girl. Also stilted writing aside I liked the book. My friend Jubiss and I are going to go see it on Sunday and our friend Grace might come too so I'm already looking forward to the weekend.

In honor of what I'm hoping will be a good movie I decided to give you a list of my top 5 favorite Vampire movies, however just like on Halloween the pictures won't upload in the correct order. So rather than posting the whole list on Friday as was my original plan I'm going to do a daily count down.

So without further ado I give you #5 Interview with the Vampire.

There's an interesting story behind this one (well at least a story you can judge how interesting). I hate Anne Rice. I mean HATE. She's a terrible writer, and she cheats, also all her characters are whinny and annoying and can't keep it in their pants. I'm all for eroticism in the rite context but dirty sex for no reason at all creeps me out.

Needless to say I had no intention of seeing the movie when it came out. Instead I went to a completely different movie Tales from The Crypt presents Daemon Knight with my then boyfriend. The problem was I'd promised my little brother that I'd take him to see Tales from The Crypt so I went to see it again. I liked it the first time so I figured what the hey. Well when we got to the theatre it turned out to be a double feature (I know when do they EVER show a double feature any more) with da da da da....Interview With the Vampire. So despite my intentions I wound up seeing it and once you took out the dreadful writing, cut down on the whiny angst, and throw in a couple good actors who also weren't hard to look at it was not a bad movie.

No comments: