Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Don't Think You Get It

Yesterday a guy at work asked Dave, "What did you say to convince your wife to have a baby?" Dave told me about it this morning and we were both totally perplexed by the situation.

Firstly this is clearly not someone who has spent more than 5 minutes talking to me. If he had he'd know that there is no way in the world to make me do something I don't want to do.

Secondly (but again he couldn't know this) I was the one who brought up the subject originally.

It just seemed strange to both Dave and I that you'd think of this as something to convince your partner of. If you don't want to have kids you probably shouldn't. If your with someone who's view on the subject is completely opposite from yours maybe they aren't the rite person for you.

Also all those things aside that's a really personal question to ask someone you don't really know.

No comments: