Thursday, May 22, 2008

But I love my ring

I have the most annoying infection ever. For some reason my ring finger on my left hand keeps getting all red, swollen, & well gooey. I think it started as a paper cut or something but it got infected and my wedding ring keeps irritating it. I thought it was healed a couple times but when I put my ring back on it just gets all yucky again. It appears to be healed but I'm afraid to put my ring on.

My ring is very special to me. Aside from being the symbol of my marriage it's the only piece of real jewelry Dave's ever given me. Before we were engaged (years before) I told him that I didn't want a diamond I wanted an emerald cut sapphire. When Dave decided to propose he went and had my ring custom made. It has the sapphire in the center and diamonds on the sides and looks a bit are deco which is very me. Later we chose a band that complements it with alternating rectangular sapphires and round diamonds. I had the two joined together a couple years ago. I get complements on it all the time and I love it. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do if my finger gets all yucky again. I can't go through my life without my wedding ring that would be tragic.

No comments: