Saturday, January 4, 2014

I can't understand it. There must be at least one who'd make a suitable mother.-Cinderella

I never really cared for the Disney version of Cinderella. I mean I don't hate it or anything it's just not one I like. For the longest time I thought this was due to the lack of conflict, there's not really much plot if you think about it. Just recently I realized that wasn't the problem.

Here's the breakdown of the plot (such as it is)

Boy meets girl.
Boy looses girl.
Boy has Father send servant to find girl while boy hangs around the palace playing polo or what ever the heck it is princes do.
Girl marries boy even though he's clearly a tool.

This is not romantic.

The prince apparently just wants a trophy wife and Cinderella is a gold digger. Yeah that's probably historically accurate but not what I look for in a movie.

No comments: