Tuesday, September 14, 2010

If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.-Adam Duritz

I just watched a truly terrible movie called Haunting of Winchester House.

I knew it was going to be bad, horror movies are like that but I thought it might be fun to watch a movie shot in the Winchester Mystery House but no such luck. It was filmed in some random old house in the middle of nowhere.

I've been to the actual Winchester house and I fully recommend it if you're ever in San Jose. The feeling I got watching this not even close movie reminded me of when I was seventeen and my family went to Universal Studios in Florida. We went on a new at the time ride that was supposed to be like an Earthquake set in the Richmond BART station and we were all, "There are so many things wrong here, first of all it doesn't smell like urine...."

Any way I DON'T recommend this movie but I did watch the whole thing and realised at the end that at least part of the plot was stolen from a play called Early Frost that I was in (also when I was seventeen). I played the ghost and we won an award. I do recommend seeing that if you ever get the chance.

Now I'm watching Dead Again which is a much better movie and it's sort of a ghost story.

2 comments:

The Beans said...

Horror films are just not my thing...I hope you sleep well afterwards. o_O"

-Barb the French Bean

Dani said...

Oh yeah I'll sleep fine. I love horror movies! Mostly I think they're hillarious because they are so bad.

I should have made it clearer that neither Early Frost or Dead Again are horror. More like suspense/mystery with a supernatural twist. However feel free to not see them if that's not your thing.