Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soulless by Gail Carriger

You know how I've complained about getting weird recommendations from Amazon (just recently I ordered some fishnet tights so they suggested I might like a riding crop giggle giggle snort) well here's one that worked out. I ordered some socks with birdies on them so they thought I might like this book.

I like to read so I wasn't going to dismiss a book out of hand and the synopsis sounded like something I would like so I bought it. I honestly can't tell you what this is. It's not really a romance, it's not a mystery, it's not urban fantasy, it's not a historical drama, and it's not a parody of any of those but it has elements of all those things. I wasn't sure when I started reading it but I ended up loving it. I tried to explain it to a friend at work who's also a big reader and finally had to say, "you know what I'll lend it to you". I gave it to her on Friday and was surprised when she gave it back on Monday.



Me: Did you read it?



Her: Yes



Me: Wow that was fast. Did you like it?



Her: Yes I did. In fact I liked it so much I went out and bought my very own copy.

If that's not a ringing endorsement I don't know what is.

So if you like any of those types of books you might like this one too. Or maybe just if you have a good sense of humor. I've pre ordered the second book and I'll let you all know how I like it when I get it.

3 comments:

TK said...

An amazing story

Arwen said...

I put it on my wish list!

Dani said...

Awesome! Check me out influencing people.