Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wine For The Cheap

Do you drink wine? Are you broke all the time? Well I do and I am (btw the second is not because of the first). Over the years I've seen lots of cool wine labels that made me want to buy the wine but once I looked at the price (say $4.50) I said to myself, "I think I'll pass". I'm not sure why so many cheap wines have labels that I find attractive but there you go. The fact of the matter is there is a lot of terrible wine out there and most of it is cheap but sometimes you find something pretty good that's just inexpensive because no one has ever heard of it. A while back I found a site called Wine For The Cheap where they do humorous reviews of wines under $10. What I like is they are not all snooty making you feel like you don't know anything about wine. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if they know anything about wine but their reviews are humorous (even if you don't drink wine) and they make me want to try something new. Check 'em out if you've got a moment.

1 comment:

Schelle said...

I went to a wine tasting/learning party (which btw made me think of you) and the companys spend tons of money to research marketing. Things like the shape of the bottle and the lables. I guess they figure it's easier to spend that money on information and that's a better investment then making a better wine. The guy that taught the class told us that inexpensive doesn't mean bad, any more then expensive makes it good. I so want to learn more about wines now...