Monday, July 6, 2009

Psychic Connection?

Last night I had a nightmare about Fiona choking and I woke up with my heart trying to beat it's way out of my chest. Now that's unpleasant but not really worth mentioning. After all what Mom doesn't have the occasional nightmare regarding her child's safety? She's totally fine by the way.

The weird thing is as I was waking up and dealing with the painful heart pounding I heard Dave mumbling in his sleep clearly having his own nightmare. A few seconds latter he woke up said, "I forgot to set the burglar alarm." and went and did just that.

I asked him this morning and he had indeed been having a nightmare at the exact same time as I was although on a different subject. Either that was a really strange coincidence or I should not make stir fry chicken with brown rice and peas again.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hmmm, very interesting. I have heart stopping moments when I wake up from nightmares, but they have never coincided with my husbands!

Roses said...

Perhaps you heard Dave mumbling while you were still asleep, and your subconscious translated the sound into what became your nightmare.

All the same, very interesting...