Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Check Me Out

So my friend Colleen from Welcome to the Snug gave me an award. How cool is that? Thanks Colleen and did you notice you've been upgraded to friend from lady who's blog I like. Now you all know if you give me presents you get to be my friend. It took me a few days to think of 10 interesting and honest facts.

Here are the rules for these awards:

a) List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! and
b) Pass the award on to 7 blogers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Alright it actually took me a couple days to think of ten things but here we go.

1. I've never learned to ride a bike. I've admitted that before but it's true. I never wanted to learn it just didn't appeal to me.

2. I pretty much only watch tv shows where someone dies. Law and Order, Forensic Files, Dr. G Medical Examiner, Midsummer Murders. As long as there's a dead body I'm happy.

3. It drives me up the wall when people sing the wrong lyrics. I'm that annoying person who corrects people who are perfectly happy singing the way they think it goes. It's like a compulsion I can't not correct them.

4. When I'm handling cash I have to "face the bills" which means they all need to be facing the same way. I learned it way back when I worked in retail. What was hard was when I worked in a bank I was dealing with such large amounts I couldn't actually take the time to face every thing and it made me anxious.

5. Alright this one's a little embarrassing but... I spend a lot of my free time giving imaginary interviews as if I were someone famous. I'm not sure when or why I started doing it but it's been since I was little. On the upside if I ever do become famous I'll be an old pro. I only do it when I'm alone but I know Dave's overheard me and has never asked what the heck I'm doing and I love him all the more for just accepting this little eccentricity.

6. I learned to walk in high heels because I took tap dance lessons. I figured if I could dance in the darn things walking was no problem.

7. Our DVR is full of cartoons and they're not for Fiona. South Park, Simpsons, Futurama, Robot Chicken, etc.

8. I have a comic book collection. I inherited most of it from my brother it's something we used to do together. That's why my dog's named Gambit.

9. I've got a thing for office supplies. Seriously hand me a box of paperclips or better yet a pack of post it's and I'm in hog heaven.

10. I've never (to my knowledge) eaten spam, Bologna, or a twinky. There's something about the radioactive yellowness of twinkies that I just can't deal with. I'm alright with other hostess products. I like cupcakes, zingers, and I'm strongly pro hoho but the Twinky is a no.

Alright I don't know 7 people who have personal blogs but I'll list the ones I know.

Amy and Lem Baldwin
Brian and Jenn
Turtle on the sidewalk
Momentary Bliss

So there you have it. Oh and I hope you like the new layout. It was time to change it up.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Thanks for the friend upgrade!!! Too bad we live on opposited ends of the Country! Love the new layout too!