Thursday, October 16, 2008

Someday You'll Be Able to Say You Knew Me When

I sing. I can't say I'm a singer because that would imply that I have some sort of venue for performing and at least a handful of people I can call an audience. Nope I don't do anything with my talent but enjoy it and occasionally when I'm very drunk and someone begs I'll sing for other people. It's not that I mind performing, actually I love it. I just have a hard time believing anyone actually wants to hear me. I always think they are just asking to be nice and then I get embarrassed. I used to want to have a carer in musical theatre but I'm my own worst critic and convinced myself that I'd never be good enough for that. It may or may not be true I'm not a good judge. Anyway the one person I don't mind singing to who I can tell LOVES it is Fiona. So when I was home with her last week I made myself a play list for my ipod that I could sing along with while we were playing. And today I share it with you because who doesn't enjoy belting it out if only in the privacy of your shower. Check out the ones you haven't heard & let me know your recommendations. I'm always looking for new material.

Thank You For the Music-ABBA
Rocky Raccoon-The Beatles
Mack the Knife-Bobby Darin
Something to Talk About-Bonnie Rait
All that Jazz-From Chicago
One Fine Day- The Chiffons
The Tijuana Jail-The Kingston Trio
I Will Follow You Into the Dark-Deathcab for Cutie
The Lady is a Tramp-Della Reese
The Boxer-Me First and the Gimme Gimme's
9 to 5-Dolly Parton
Me and Bobby McGee-Janice Jopplin
Folsom Prison Blues-Johnny Cash
Secret Agent Man-Johnny Rivers
Tom Dooley-The Kingston Trio
In The End-Linkin Park
Artificial Flowers-Bobby Darin
Sing For Your Supper-Cass Elliot
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend-Marilyn Monroe
Heat Wave-Martha and the Vandellas
Please Mr. Postman- The Marvelettes
Danny's Song-Me First and the Gimme Gimme's
M.T.A-The Kingston Trio
Bitch-Meredith Brooks
These Boots Are Made For Walking-Nancy Sinatra
Take Me or Leave Me-From RENT
Dream an Little Dream-The Mamas and the Papas
Nobody's Listening-Linkin Park
Wonderful World-San Cook
Let Me Entertain You-From Gypsy
Leader of the Pack-The Shangrilas
On My Own-From Les Miserables
Santeria-Sublime
After You Get What You Want (You Don't Want it)-Marilyn Monroe
The Times They Are A-Changin-Me First and the Gimme Gimme's
Sixteen Tons-Tennesie Earnie Ford
Angel of Harlem-U2
White Boys-From Hair
You Gave Your Love to Me Softly-Weezer
Squeeze Box-The Who

No comments: