Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cooking Experiment Gone Right

I'm not much of a cook. I can make a few things but generally Dave's the cook in our house. However last night I wanted to cook. I started out making chicken the same way I always do and I ended up getting creative and it was quite tasty. Here's what I did if you'd like to try it out. I warn you I don't measure when I cook so you'll just have to season to taste.

I started with boneless skinless breast fillets.
Take each breast and coat it in flour (I do this by putting some flour in a ziplock throwing the piece of chicken in with it and shaking).
Coat the bottom of a glass pan with a thin layer of oil (I use vegetable oil but whatever kind you prefer will do)
Lay the chicken in the pan
Bake on middle rack of oven at 350 for 30 minutes
Using tongs turn the chicken over
This is where I got creative
Shake Oregano, Basil, and Garlic Powder on to the top of the chicken pieces (If you like other herbs try em out)
Return to oven for 20 minutes
Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella on top of the chicken (I think fresh Parmesan would be even better but I didn't have any) return to oven for 10 minutes
Remove from oven and enjoy


Tip: When I took the chicken out I laid it on a paper towel for a couple minutes to soak up the excess oil.

No comments: